The England Grant of $2500 may be available for qualifying families.
Individualized grant funding for qualifying families may be available through our President’s Grant. Contact us for more details!
This little, sad sweetheart is Ivan. It will break your heart just looking at his photos. His condition is very severe and his medical from August of 2022 says the following:
- Current diseases: Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy – Multicystic encephalopathy. Non-obstructive external and internal hydrocephalus. Grand mal – seizures. Specific disorders in the development of motor function. Cavernous hemangioma. Umbilical hernia
- Any changes in the child’s state of health? Is there any change in the motor development of the child? If yes, what is it? Expressed seizure activity and intensification of the opisthotonos positions. Despite the therapy applied, his state of health keeps deteriorating and he is in seizures most of the time. He stays in opisthotonos position all the time. When he has seizures, his head touches his feet. He has no head control; he does not move in his bed. He does not react to teasing and makes no contact with people talking to him. Ivan-Alexander does not react to sounds, music or talking. He does not fix his eyes. The boy produces snoring sounds when they move him.
- Neurological status: Is there anything different from what is described in the medical report: There is no positive dynamics in his neurological state, just the opposite, it keeps deteriorating; his quadriparetic syndrome and taking the opisthotonos position has intensified.
- Prognosis about the child’s development: In view of the present disorders of the child’s nervous system, it is not expected that his clinical state of health will improve.
- Personal impressions: The child did not react at all to my presence and to people talking to him or touching him. He did not react to the flashlight of the camera either. When the doctor picked him up, he started producing specific snoring sounds, he obviously dislikes being moved. He does not move in bed; he only slightly moves his hands. According to me his state has deteriorated considerably since March 2021 (the most recent photos and videos that we have available).
The boy is fed via a nasogastric tune that stays fixed to his nose.
Video from 8-2022
For more information, please contact: Kathy@wiaa.org. You will be asked to complete a parent eligibility form before any file information can be released.
Please be aware that children on our waiting list may be under review by multiple families. Additionally, a child’s availability status may change on short notice. Please contact Kathy@wiaa.org for the most up-to-date status of a child.
WIA is not responsible for the medical information summarized here. Medical information sent by other countries may be inaccurate or incomplete. Prospective Adoptive Parents reserve the right to have medical information evaluated by a medical professional in the United States.