Home Study Services
- Home Study – Wasatch Adoptions provides both domestic and international home study services for families who desire to adopt. A professional Licensed Clinical Social Worker will complete your home study assessment. The timeline for the completion of a home study is approximately 12 weeks. Our social workers are familiar and knowledgeable with the requirements of USCIS and the foreign countries around the world. Cost of a domestic home study is $1,000. The cost of an international home study is $1,500. Surcharges for mileage (not to exceed $75.00) or a $25/hour travel fee for social workers who travel for more than an hour may be added.
- Home Study Update – If your circumstances have changed since your original home study was completed our social workers can complete an update to your home study. If you require a home study update, you will be assigned one of our experienced social workers who know exactly what is required for USCIS and for the State of Utah. Home study updates are usually completed within 30 days after contacting Wasatch Adoptions with your request. Cost of a home study update is between $350 and $600, depending on the circumstances.
- Post Adoption/Post Placement Reports – Wasatch Adoptions provides post adoption and post placement service for families who have adopted internationally or domestically. All international follow-up reports provided will follow the format required by the foreign government and assessments for domestic adoptions will follow the format of the State of Utah. There is an additional fee if the social worker or an agency representative is required to make a court appearance or if our agency prepares an ICPC for a domestic adoption. Cost of post placements is $350 per visit per child. Please contact our office for the cost of filling out an ICPC or an appearance in court.
- Hague Parenting Training – Training part of the service offered to all adopting families using Wasatch Adoptions as their placing agency. Wasatch Adoptions provides a parenting manual for all clients. A minimum of twelve hours of instruction is provided to all adoptive families, and the subjects deal with the issues surrounding international adoption. Once the training is completed, Wasatch Adoptions will provide a Certificate of Completion to adopting families. There is a $250 fee for the parent training if you are not working with Wasatch Adoptions as your placing agency or your home study agency.
- Crisis Intervention – Wasatch Adoptions provides crisis intervention for all families using any of our services. One of our Licensed Clinical Social Workers will provide crisis intervention for families experiencing problems after the placement of a child. If issues cannot be resolved but seem to be long term, our social workers will assist the family to find private long term counseling within the community.
Have You Begun Your Home Study?
U.S. Citizens Living Abroad
Wasatch International Adoptions has assisted many military families and families living and working abroad with the adoption of children from our international adoption and Second Chance for Children adoption programs. If you are temporarily living overseas, are married and at least one spouse is a U.S. citizen, or if you are single and a U.S. citizen, WIA can help you.
How Do I Find a Social Worker to Complete My Home Study?
Our overseas social worker, Gerald Bowman, LCSW, ACSW, resides in Munich, Germany and is licensed in the states of Utah and Virginia. He is also licensed in the Republic of Ireland, is a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT) and is and is recognized as a Depl. Sozial Padagoge in Germany. He has lived in Munich for over 35 years and has completed hundreds of home studies for families serving in the military and U.S. families temporarily living abroad. He is willing to travel around the world to provide home study and post placement services. Visit his website for more information – www.geraldbowman.de.