Now accepting applications for the adoption of older children and siblings from Bulgaria. Grants may be available. For more information contact [email protected]
Thousands of U.S. citizens adopt children from abroad, providing them with loving homes, supportive families, and a world of happiness. International adoptions are subject to laws of the country the child lives in, and the United States adoption rules. We are here to help guide you through the complex International adoption process.Read More
Domestic adoptions consist of several steps until you are able to hold your new child in your arms. We are here to walk you through the steps on how to get started, what to expect, and how to adopt domestically. Each state does have certain regulations you must meet in order to adopt and care for a child, let us help make this process easier and one step closer to growing your family.Read More
Our Second Chance for Kids program is designed to help children find the best family for their needs. Most adopted children do wonderfully in their adoptive home, but now and then the child does not adapt well, and a very difficult decision is made to find a new adoptive home. We are here to help both children and families to find the best fit for both parties to bring love and joy to their lives.Read More
Learn About Getting StartedClick Here
Thank you for your interest in Wasatch International Adoption Agency
Wasatch International Adoptions (WIA) is a full service, Hague accredited, nonprofit, 501(c)3 agency, licensed in 1997.
We specialize in both domestic and international adoption programs and child assistance programs. We have helped place thousands of children with families across the United States and with U.S. families living abroad. There is no end to the children who are waiting for a home and our motto, A Child’s Way Home, reflects our desire to find adoptive homes for children living around the world.
We are a mandatory abuse reporting agency. We comply with all State and Federal laws regarding suspected abuse and report in accordance with 62A-4a-403 and 62A-3-302. For more information please see Utah Abuse and Neglect Reporting Law, Provider Code of Conduct, Civil Rights Notice, ADA Notice and Client Rights.
WIA offers the following adoption programs:
- International adoption programs in Bulgaria, China Special Needs, and Haiti.
- Domestic program which offers birth mother counseling and placement services for prospective adoptive families.
- Second Chance for Children Program which offers assistance to families in crisis who are considering dissolving an adoption and finding a new home for their adopted child. http://www.wiaa.org/2nd-chance-adoption/
- Home Study and Post Adoption Services. Because WIA is a COA/Hague accredited agency we can provide home study services to families living in Utah but using an out of state agency for their placement.
- Assistance to families living abroad. Our overseas social worker, Gerald Bowman, provides home study services and post adoption services to U.S. families living anywhere in the world.
If you do not qualify for international adoption, please consider adopting from the Foster Care System. More information about Utah’s Foster Care can be found by clicking on this link.
Wasatch International Adoption Agency is Hague accredited by the Council on Accreditation
**Note: Upon request, WIA will disclose the following: Service policy Contracts, the number of adoption placements per year for the prior 3 calendar years, the number of placements that remain intact, the number of families who apply to adopt each year, and the number of waiting children eligible for adoption. To obtain this information please call our office.