The gift of love is a wonderful thing. We are eternally grateful to each and every one of you who choose to give the gift of love to children all around the world. We know it’s not easy. We know it’s emotionally draining. And, we know it’s not cheap. But, we also know that it’s worth it. On February 14th, we are announced our inaugural “Thrifty Thursday”. For a limited time we will be discounting our fees. Will you let us help you, give the gift of love to a child in need? Sign up today.
- Discount starts February 14th, 2019 and ending on April 14th, 2019
- Discount will be in the total amount of $1,000. $500 off the application fee and $500 off the program fee.
- Discount applies to Bulgaria and China only.
- Application and application fee of $500 must be paid to Wasatch International Adoptions on or before April 14th, 2019.
- All discounted contracts and discounted program fee must be received by Wasatch International Adoption no later than May 1st, 2019.
With clients recently completing their adoptions in China, we have several slots waiting to be filled. Slots are limited, so act fast!
Eligibility requirements can be found here.
“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”
― William James
Thank you for your interest in our China program. Change has come to adoptions from China. Change can be scary. But, change can also be good. A Chinese law regarding Non-Governmental Organizations inadvertently led to the dissolution of all agency and orphanage relationships known as the one-to-one program. The change has led to agencies being able to advocate for a much broader range of Chinese children. This has also allowed you, the prospective adoptive parents, to be more liberal in choosing which agency to work with. We pride ourselves in our dedication to you, the prospective adoptive parents. If you come with us, you will have a dedicated program manager assigned to you. He or She will help you through every step of the adoption process.
“Nothing endures but change.”
You may be asking yourself, with all the changes in China how do I proceed with an adoption? The answer is simple. Just start. Recently, it was popular for adoptive parents to identify a child and then start the process. Sure it was popular, but was it the best way? Was it worth the long months of waiting to get paperwork done knowing that the child you wished to adopt spent more time out of your family? Was it worth the rush to hurry to get paperwork done and completed in the required timeframe set by China? Was it worth our emotional health? Was it worth stressing about getting financing in a short amount of time? Was that wait worth it? The answer of course is YES! But what if I told you there was a different way? What if it was even a better way? There is a different way, and yes it is better.
“A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.”
― Helen Keller
What is this new better way you ask? The answer is simple, you probably already know it. You need to start now! If you really want to adopt a child from China, why wait? You don’t need to have a child in mind to start. Talk with your spouse about what kinds of special needs you can parent. Study. Research. If you’re religious, pray. Have faith in the adoption process and just start. But how do you get started? Easy, follow these steps below:
- Become clients of Wasatch International Adoptions
- We have dedicated staff who will be assigned to your case; you will never be left alone. We can help you to achieve your goal of a successful adoption.
- Start your home study
- If you’re a resident of Utah we can provide the home study for you. If you live outside of Utah we can recommend licensed agencies in your state of residence you can complete the home study.
- Think about the special needs you’re willing to consider in an adopted child. The home study preparer must make a recommendation in the home study, and USCIS must issue an approval for your adoption to take place.
- What if you change your mind in the middle of the adoption or find a child with different special needs? Easy, home studies can be updated. Until the adoption is finalized, nothing is etched in stone.
- Complete your dossier
- You can be completing your other paperwork necessary for an adoption in China while preparing the home study.
- Unlike the other way, you are not in as much of a hurry to meet the 6 month deadline for China. If your background clearances take time (which they can), or if USCIS is slow in processing immigration forms, or whatever the delay may be, you are in control.
- If you need to take 8 months, take 8 months. If you want to quickly get done, quickly get it done. There is no set amount of time in this regard. However, if you take too long some documents may need to be updated or renewed.
- Submit your dossier to China
- With a completed dossier registered with China, your waiting child specialist will have the ability to access what China calls non-special focus children on your behalf. Non-special focus children typically have more mild special needs and tend to be younger in age.
- You may still choose to adopt a child from the shared list, special focus children, or children assigned to any agency’s personal lists.
- Be Matched
- Once a child that meets the needs you are willing to take is identified, matching takes considerable less time. You get your Letter of Acceptance (LOA) within a matter of weeks.
- Travel and Complete the Adoption
- With the LOA signed and returned it’s a matter of 2 or 3 months until you can travel to complete the adoption.
- With the quick turnaround you have less time to worry about the child and how they are doing in the orphanage. You will be excited that the process moved quickly in the end.
In the end, you can control the process much better by just starting. You can go at your own pace. This helps reduce the stress of adopting. It reduces the stress of worrying about the child. Once matched the process will go by so fast you won’t have much time to worry, you will just be glad it went so fast.
Leave a Reply