Grant money is available for a number of children. Contact us for more information.
Information About China Adoptions
With China Adoptions, there are no accurate statistics on how many children with special needs are waiting. But because of the large population of China, coupled with the difficulty of caring for a disabled child, biological parents often time abandon disabled children. These abandoned children are picked up by the police and placed into orphanages. Boys and girls with special needs are available and all of these children desperately need a family to care for them. Often times the child’s special need is minor or correctable, although there are some with profound disabilities.
Adoptive parents must meet the following requirements:
- Married Couples must be at least 30 years old and no older than 54 years old. Single women must be 30 and no older than 50. If they are over 50, they cannot be more than 45 years older than the child they wish to adopt.
- Married couples must have been married for at least 2 years before you can apply to adopt a child from China.
- CCCWA will accept couples who have been divorced, but there are restrictions:
- Neither spouse can have been divorced more than 2 times.
- If either spouse has been divorced and remarried, the couple must currently have been married for at least 5 years before applying to adopt a child from China.
- Adoptive Parents must have at least a high school education.
- Single women should have experience raising children or working in a field related to children: doctor, teacher, social worker etc.
- Married couples have no more than 5 minor children in the home. The youngest child must be 3 years old.
- Single women can’t have more than 2 children under the age of 18 and the youngest must be at least 6 years of age.
- You must have a steady job and should earn at least $10,000 per person in your family annually, including the child you will adopt. If only one of the adopting parents hold a job, this person must meet these income requirements for their family.
- Married couples should have net assets of at least $80,000 including their home and stock dividends. Single women must have a net worth of $100,000.
- Adoptive Parents’ weight index (BMI) should not exceed 40. The easiest way for doing this is to Google “BMI Index” and there will be choices for an on-line calculator that figures this very quickly. If you have questions regarding the weight index, please call our office.
- Adoptive Parents should not have a criminal background however some exceptions are made. Exceptions to criminal background are on a case by case basis.
- Adoptive parents should not be taking psychiatric/mental health medication currently or within the last year. If you are taking these medications, you must have a psychological evaluation done my a mental health professional.
- The physical problems of available children can range from very minor and fixable to very severe and permanent.
- There are both boys and girls available.
- The children’s ages may range from 12 months old to teenage children. There is current and detailed medical information on all the children as well as current pictures of the children available.
All prospective adoptive parents must complete a form outlining the type(s) of special needs they are willing to adopt. Our China Staff will search the CCCWA database to find a child who meets the requests of the family.
Yes, one trip to China is required in order to complete the adoption and pick up the child. The adopting parents must appear at the Provincial Office in China to sign the paperwork required to register and finalize the adoption. Once this paperwork has been signed, the child you adopt will be yours and you are then legally responsible to support and care for her. The time spent in China is approximately 10 days. One parent must travel, but WIA encourages both adoptive parents to travel.
|*Home Study Review (for out of state clients)||$150|
|*Document Management Fee||$1200|
|*Post Adoption Report Fee||$1400 (Utah clients) or $1000 (out of state clients)|
|Home Study (Utah)||$1400|
|Home Study (Out of State)||Varies from State to State|
|**CCCWA Dossier Registration||$1360|
|**Orphanage Donation||RMB 35,000 (≈$5,800)|
|**Provincial Fees||$2100-$2400 (includes US visa, medical exam, adoption registration, passport, photos, notary/translation, and newspaper ad)|
|**Domestic Travel within China||$550|
|Filing of USCIS paperwork||$720|
|Authentication of documents||$350-450***|
|Courier fee for authentication of documents||$200***|
|Fed Ex fees||$300***|
|Airfare to China||$1200-$1500/person***|
|Food and Accommodations in China||$750/person***|
|Flight #2 in country||$150-$800 one way/person ***|
|Visa to enter China||$160/person|